Welcome to the African International Documentary Club
Provide members with avenues to continue to LEARN the nuances of global documentary production.
Creating opportunities for members to EARN from their engagement in documentary at any level to networking among themselves.
DISPLAY and provide visibility to African-based content of our members to the global community through our numerous platforms.
AIDC is a training and implementation base that believes in exploring media technology possibilities in aiding the growth of objectivity among documentary producers in affecting their communities as social changes. This Club will be leading the course for a new line of documentarians who are charged to tell stories that transform through their work, foster education, gender equality, good health, peace and justice, tourism, entrepreneurship, a charity in Africa, and encouraging the inclusion and respect of authentic voices through the promotion and celebration of truth to power great documentaries.
The club is designed to help members understand opportunities and challenges in the global industry and how to position one’s self to take advantage of the business of documentary, it will also allow for interaction between professionals delving into the technical aspects of documentary as well as career development prospects.
There are enormous benefits attached to full membership such as:
- Access to online seminar videos and Masterclasses
- Invitations and discounts to AIDC networking events
- Exclusive virtual screenings of films for in-person showings
- Access to stream documentaries and vote in the AIDC Documentary Awards
- Discounts to partner festivals and events
- Access to listing in our online Member Directory
- Recommendations for fellowship
- Access to National and International competitions
- Discounted rates for space and equipment where physical offices are located
- Promotion of works and mentorship and access to badge and ID
- Receive a monthly listing of upcoming grant deadlines
When social media started up in the 70s, it was called Bulletin Board Systems (BBS). Computers ...
A 2-day documentary and journalism workshop by Dr. Janice Marie Collins. Abuja, Nigeria. December...